[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] replace some static with asm_visibility or so

Robert Swain robert.swain
Tue Jan 29 13:11:58 CET 2008

Hello,

On 29/01/2008, Nico Sabbi <Nicola.Sabbi at poste.it> wrote:
> Il Tuesday 29 January 2008 12:49:01 The Wanderer ha scritto:
> > Michael Niedermayer wrote:

> > > A litlte off tpoic epxeiremnt, has anoyne prboelms redanig it?
> >
> > I have no problems actually reading that, but (to bring back in the
> > context of your original comment) I certainly notice that it is not
> > "normal"ly written.
> >
> > It's not that I have difficulty understanding what you mean when
> > you write "awnser" or similar, but I certainly do notice - every
> > time - and it does bother me.
>
> for the sake of your experiment: to me reading sentences with
> misspelled words, but especially with wrong -or missing- punctuation,
> requires a larger effort, that I'd like to avoid.
> It's a bit like watching a movie with too much deblocking: it
> looks smeared and butchered

I can read it but it requires more effort than usual.

For me, comprehensibility is the main aim but the issue is that
different people find different, non-standard things difficult to
comprehend. If one adheres to the standard, so to speak, then at least
people have a reference point for trying to understand.

In general, I find Michael quite comprehensible but the (past) lack of
punctuation and capital letters made it difficult to see where a new
sentence started. I remember a couple of occasions where I had to
backtrack half a sentence because I'd realised it was a new sentence.
I'm glad you now appreciate the need for the improvement and your
effort is indeed appreciated also.

Rob