[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] replace some static with asm_visibility or so

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Tue Jan 29 14:50:45 CET 2008

On Tue, Jan 29, 2008 at 11:27:26AM +0100, Baptiste Coudurier wrote:
> Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> >> I disagree strongly with this claim. Without a constitution specifying
> >> how the voting works, voting cannot be meaningful unless there's
> >> always a clear dichotomy between choices and everyone agrees on who
> >> gets to vote, etc. Whenever there are more than 2 choices, voting is a
> >> highly nontrivial matter, and usually when there are only 2 choices
> >> it's because the person calling the vote framed the question in a
> >> biased way by setting up false dichotomies... (I'm talking about
> >> voting in general not ffmpeg/mplayer history...)
> >
> > for us:
> > who= all developers
>
> If today is the day to write rules, I would prefer "people with svn
> account", that is FFmpeg one.

that (people with ffmpeg svn write access) is what ive meant

I have never wished to cater to the crowd; for what I know they do not
approve, and what they approve I do not know. -- Epicurus