[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] replace some static with asm_visibility or so

Uoti Urpala uoti.urpala
Tue Jan 29 21:22:31 CET 2008

On Tue, 2008-01-29 at 20:10 +0200, Ivan Kalvachev wrote:
> Not only that. The whole mess was developed for 2 days and in short
> was creation of mpctx struct that holds all globals inside mplayer.c .
> It was inspired by long standing goal to make libmplayer that could be
> used as means for generic playback.
> Unfortunately Uoti had no idea what he was doing.

I do know what I'm doing, and actually do it. You just flame.

>  Most of the globals
> we were talking are actually option parameters and he haven't touched
> them. These globals are additionally interconnected with the playtree
> functionality that allows tree-like playlists. It's not simple goal to
> make clean implementation and not loose functionality.

If removing the option globals is what you're interested in then you
should be happy, that's what I'm currently working on. I have no doubt
that you'll start flaming again once I actually implement it though.

> Instead of cleanup the commit brought only mess, it needed inclusion
> of various headers in unrelated parts of mplayer only to support the
> mpctx struct members.

No it didn't. The only parts which needed to include any new headers
were in GUI and menu code that was using globals it shouldn't have used.

> The mess was never reverted. It soon would be one year after the

There was no "mess". Creating command.c was an improvement even if it
didn't do every other possible architecture improvement at the same
time.

> There was never real discussion about the changes (I tried to start
> one) and you already know how futile is to argue with Uoti.

You made a post with claims similar to the ones in your current post,
most of them nonsense. I replied to that at
http://lists.mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/mplayer-dev-eng/2007-March/049875.html