[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] replace some static with asm_visibility or so

Balatoni Denes dbalatoni
Wed Jan 30 12:28:05 CET 2008

Hi!

Wednesday 30 January 2008 09:11-kor Benoit Fouet ezt ?rta:
> > ps: there is one thing about the high coding standards - I understand the
> > need, however it would be great if in the first reply (or at least soon)
> > it was made clear what is the needed minimum for svn acceptance.
>
> could you be clearer ?
> isn't the 'coding rules' section enough ?

I think I was pretty clear. You know, in a review checking the indent size and
doxy comments is a very small part, the showstoppers are usually something
completely different (e.g. in the mms patch, the problem right now is the
FSM). These issues should be pointed out early, so that the contributor has
an estimate of much work he has to do still. Otherwise - among other things -
it could happen (and seems like it does happen), that the contributor fixes
things for some time - he believes he will get somewhere with the fixes - but
eventually he finds that every time there is a new issue, and gives up
(because of fustration, or simply lack of time, as sometimes people are
working on ffmpeg as a hobby).

> >  I mean it
> > sometimes seems an endless process, when every review brings up new and
> > new showstopper issues - I think it would be less frustrating to the
> > contributor if all showstopper issues were made clear right from the
> > start, it's also good for planning (for the contributor and everybody),
> > to see clearly early in the process what needs to be fixed. just my two
> > cents.

bye
Denes