[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC/PATCH] More flexible variafloat_to_int16 , WMA optimization, Vorbis

Robert Swain robert.swain
Tue Jul 15 14:57:10 CEST 2008

2008/7/15 Michael Niedermayer <michaelni at gmx.at>:
> On Tue, Jul 15, 2008 at 01:57:33AM -0600, Loren Merritt wrote:
>> On Tue, 15 Jul 2008, Siarhei Siamashka wrote:
>>>
>>> Regarding, "float_to_int16_interleave" function, it would be nice to also
>>> add at least "stride" argument in addition to "len". That would make it
>>> usable
>>> for WMA. And it could be still possibly useful for vorbis (with some
>>> changes
>>> to code, stride might become needed).
>>
>> like this? (wma part not really tested)
>
> May i suggest an array of src pointers instead of stride?
> Reason is, if we want to use this function in the future in a generic
> converter stride will not be enough because we likely will have a
> array of source pointers from the user.
> Besides it would allow reordering channels.

This would be very helpful. I asked for this on IRC but Loren wasn't
around so I started working on a workaround for aac.c. It involves
allocating one contiguous buffer and assigning pointers to appropriate
positions in it for each channel rather than allocating buffers per
channel as is done currently. The upside is that through looking at
the work around I spotted a bug in the channel configuration code. :)

Regards,
Rob