[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC/PATCH] More flexible variafloat_to_int16 , WMA optimization, Vorbis

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Fri Jul 18 04:35:05 CEST 2008

On Thu, Jul 17, 2008 at 08:02:12PM -0600, Loren Merritt wrote:
> On Fri, 18 Jul 2008, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
>
> > Patch looks ok
>
> Forget this patch;

yes, ive also realized after ive sent my "ok" that something wasnt quite
right ;)
though the patch did look rather clean i must admit ...

Thats what happens when one just quickly skims over messages in a thread
while its being discussed and then reviews the resulting patches later.

> the one in my next message addressed the same problem,
> and was faster on all of my cpus.

it also is messier ...
Ill try to review it tomorrow, but dont wait for my review if you think
its optimal and cant easily be cleaned/splited.

Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad
people will find a way around the laws. -- Plato