[FFmpeg-devel] Another H.264 decoding image corruption issue

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Thu Jul 24 04:41:24 CEST 2008

On Thu, Jul 24, 2008 at 02:13:32AM +0200, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 23, 2008 at 08:37:16PM +0200, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> > On Sun, Jul 13, 2008 at 06:30:58PM -0600, Jason Garrett-Glaser wrote:
> > > Artifacts occur in all builds of libavcodec, tested from latest back
> > > quite a large number of revisions.  You can see them about 10 seconds
> > > into the clip "H264_artifacts_motion.h264" on mplayerhq/incoming.
> > > They show up in no other decoder I have tested with, including JM,
> > > CoreAVC, and Elecard Streameye.  They seem to be some weird sort of
> > > motion compensation errors, but I have not been able to find the
> > > culprit so far.
> >
> > Its in the loop filter, i do not know anyting more yet.
>
> ffmpeg matches JM bitexactly if the loop filter is disabled in both
> JM shows these artifacts as well with the loop filter disabled.
> Our loop filter is bitexact for all the pre FRext progressive reference
> bitstreams that use just supported features.
> My suspicion thus was that we dont handle 8x8 + loop filter correct but
> i had no success in fixing it or it is simply not the only problem ...

Ive fixed it (just mentioning so you dont waste time investigating this)
Ill commit it after some cleanup ...

Democracy is the form of government in which you can choose your dictator