[FFmpeg-devel] need eac3 merge suggestions

Justin Ruggles justinruggles
Mon Jun 2 04:22:29 CEST 2008

Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 01, 2008 at 07:18:34PM -0400, Justin Ruggles wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I think I'm at the point where I can merge the E-AC-3 decoder into
>> FFmpeg SVN.  I'm not really sure about how to go about it though.  I'll
>> throw some ideas out there...
>>
>> - Do I need to generate a set of patches for review?
>
> yes, please, every big change should be reviewed by someone
>
> see ra144.c ra288.c and many others for things we wouldnt have to deal
> with now if they would have been reviewed by anyone.

ok.

>> The last version
>> reviewed by Michael was before I did quite a lot of changes and
>> clean-up.  But I'm also AC3 maintainer. :)
>>

>> - Transferring the soc svn history of ac3dec.c will be pretty much
>> impossible because different changes were done concurrently.  Instead, I
>> can apply functional changes incrementally from the current version in
>> soc svn, along with any cosmetics in-between.
>
> patches and commits split nicely in small selfcontained and digestable
> pieces are peferred anyway.
> Iam not that much interrested in the mess from soc and the stepwise
> cleanup.

whew. that will make things simple. i would also much rather spend my
time on making nice clean patches instead of trying to preserve the history.

> That would be different if there were a clean history ...

hopefully the projects i'm mentoring this year will be cleaner.

thanks,

-Justin