[FFmpeg-devel] Codec IDs for AC3/DTS variants (Was: Re: [RFC] additinaldesc_type for dtshd mpeg-ts demuxer)

Måns Rullgård mans
Mon Jun 9 17:12:13 CEST 2008

Benjamin Larsson wrote:
> elupus wrote:
>> [...]
>>
>> Hmm. AC3_TRUE_HD should probably chenge. It's not the same thing as AC3, its
>> more like MLP from DVDAudio standards.
>>

> Correct.
>
>> AC3+, will be decodable by standard ac3 decoder, it should just ignore the
>> extension if I understand correctly.
>
> I think that is not entirely true. Justin should know for sure.

Either way, having the ability to choose different decoders (e.g. hardware
or software) depending on the stream type would be nice.  If I have a
decoder that can handle the extensions, I want to use it, even if a basic
decoder will accept the stream.

--
M?ns Rullg?rd
mans at mansr.com