[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] additinal desc_type for dtshd mpeg-ts demuxer

Baptiste Coudurier baptiste.coudurier
Mon Jun 9 20:08:06 CEST 2008

Hi Mans,

M?ns Rullg?rd wrote:
> madshi wrote:
>> M?ns Rullg?rd schrieb:
>>  > That depends. You have to give them $UINT_MAX, your
>>  > soul, and your first-born son to see it.
>>
>> True.
>>
>>  > Wikipedia is not an authoritative source for information on
>>  > *anything*, least of all format standards.
>>
>> Ok, so what is your definition of a "standard"?
>
> The definition of the word standard was never under discussion.
> Anyhow, for the record, I consider as a standard something for
> which there exists a formal specification, approved by a widely
> recognised standards organisation, be that the ISO, ITU, IETF,
> or other body with similar standing.  No, ECMA doesn't count.
> They're just sock puppets of Microsoft.

I insist to add SMPTE to the list ;)

>> Do you really want to claim that Blu-Ray is not a standard?
>
> Yes.  Bluray is a format specification, not a standard.  There
> is a distinction.  This is, however, not what I was originally
> getting at.  Whatever it is, it specifies a number of additions
> to standard MPEG-TS, indicated by the HDMV registration descriptor.

I really wonder why DVD/BLUERAY doesn't propagate their wrapping scheme
to official organizations ....

Smartjog USA Inc.                                http://www.smartjog.com