[FFmpeg-devel] [HACK] parse m4a metadata

Mike Melanson mike
Thu Jun 12 09:02:23 CEST 2008

Reimar D?ffinger wrote:
> Hello,
> with attached patch FFmpeg can read the metadata from
> http://samples.mplayerhq.hu/A-codecs/lossless/luckynight.m4a
> It is still quite ugly, and I do not want to spend any time on it, so
> cleaning up is something that someone else must do.

Well, I guess it's a start. :) There are so many metadata tags supported
by this 0xA9+'xyz' format. In addition to nam, ART, cmt, alb, and trkn,
I also know of cpy (copyright date), des (description), gen (genre), too
(?), wrt (composer, presumably different from artist), and day (year?
perhaps full release date?). I'm pretty sure there are a lot more. I'm
just going off of my old xine demuxer which must have been based on
things I saw in the wild.

--
	-Mike Melanson