[FFmpeg-devel] [vorbis @ 6C19BE80]Extradata corrupt

Mike Gerdov dev.ma99us
Tue Jun 17 20:55:02 CEST 2008

Hi,
I am new to ffmpeg so I might be doing something wrong.

I was trying to initiate Vorbis decoder like this:

    AVCodecContext *dc = avcodec_alloc_context();
    dc->codec_id = CODEC_ID_VORBIS;
    dc->codec_type = CODEC_TYPE_AUDIO;

    // put sample parameters
    dc->bit_rate = 16000;
    dc->sample_rate = 22050;
    dc->channels = 2;

    AVCodec* dcodec = avcodec_find_decoder(dc->codec_id);
    if (!dcodec)
    {
        fprintf(stderr, "decoder not found\n");
        done(1);
    }

    if (avcodec_open(dc, dcodec) < 0)                                     //
<= Error here!
    {
        fprintf(stderr, "could not open decoder\n");
        done(1);
    }

    av_free(dc);

Console output says:
     [vorbis @ 6C19BE80]Extradata corrupt.

Do I need to do something specific to initiate Vorbis decoder?

Thanks,
Mike