[FFmpeg-devel] gcc -rdynamic flag not supported, yet configure keeps propogating

Ben Taylor bentaylor.solx86
Fri Jun 27 00:02:37 CEST 2008

On Thu, Jun 26, 2008 at 11:35 AM, compn <tempn at twmi.rr.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 26 Jun 2008 10:16:59 -0400, "Ben Taylor" <bentaylor.solx86 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>Solaris 10/X86, gcc-3.4.3.   I'm running basic configuration tests
>>with some patches to configure for Solaris, and I see this check
>>for "-rdynamic" fail (gcc emits "gcc: unrecognized option `-rdynamic')
>>The log is below.
>
> i ran into this problem yesterday on ppc osx
> cami:/ compn$ gcc -rdynamic
> powerpc-apple-darwin8-gcc-4.0.0: unrecognized option `-rdynamic'
> cami:/ compn$ gcc-3.3 -rdynamic
> gcc-3.3: unrecognized option `-rdynamic'
>
> i remember a few years ago that cygwin gcc did not have -rdynamic as well.

Seems like it would be simpler to not run the test on Solaris and ppc/osx
instead of trying to write a fix to check_ld to realize that -rdynamic is not
supported?

Sound reasonable?

Ben