[FFmpeg-devel] utils.c audio_frame_size question

Baptiste Coudurier baptiste.coudurier
Sun Jun 29 23:42:50 CEST 2008

Ronald S. Bultje wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Sun, Jun 29, 2008 at 3:44 PM, Baptiste Coudurier
> <baptiste.coudurier at smartjog.com> wrote:
>> Ronald S. Bultje wrote:
>>> static int has_codec_parameters(AVCodecContext *enc)
>>> {
>>>     int val;
>>>     switch(enc->codec_type) {
>>>     case CODEC_TYPE_AUDIO:
>>>         val = enc->sample_rate && enc->channels;
>>>         if(!enc->frame_size &&
>>>            (enc->codec_id == CODEC_ID_VORBIS ||
>>>             enc->codec_id == CODEC_ID_AAC))
>>>             return 0;
>>>         break;
>>>
>>> Isn't that counterintuitive? Shouldn't it be !(codec_id == VORBIS ||
>>> AAC)? Seems like it'd never work for AAC/VORBIS (I'm indeed having a
>>> problem, for AAC in this case).
>>>
>> Humm I think this is right and intended, when need frame size for aac
>> and vorbis.
>
> Apply my patch for RDT, framesize is never set for RDT/AAC.

Well, figure out why, either you don't have aac decoder, but this would
be the same problem for vorbis as well, or if rdt expects adts format,
activate parser which should set frame size, or there is a problem in
parser.

Smartjog USA Inc.                                http://www.smartjog.com