[FFmpeg-devel] Fix mingw name of .lib files
Wed Mar 5 05:02:12 CET 2008
Diego Biurrun wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 04, 2008 at 07:53:04PM -0300, Gonzalo Garramu?o wrote:
>> I find it funny you hate autotools, as the ffmpeg build smells very much
>> like a simpler (but functionally worse) copy of autotools.
> Missing what functionality exactly?
Right now, four big issues come to mind:
* Lack of out of source builds (extremely annoying when you need to
build ffmpeg for multiple platforms from SVN). At least that was not
working last time I tried it a month or so ago.
* Proper mingw versioning. (this discussion).
* Many problems doing make clean with a dir that is already prebuilt for
a different platform -- mingw paths seem to screw it ( .depend failing,
etc ). I am using bash wrappers to work around these now, doing my own
make clean first of the conflicting files.
* In the past, under mingw also, I also had runtime problems due to
ffmpeg linking against the version in /usr/local/lib instead of the one
that is being built locally (forcing me to actually have to remove the
one in /usr/local/lib first before building -- yuck). This one was
really nasty (I spent a week tracking the issue), as the problem showed
as a crash at runtime, and not as a linking problem. This also
prevented easily trying multiple versions of ffmpeg.
These are specific to ffmpeg. No recent autotools project I've ever
compiled has ever shown that kind of issues.
ggarra at advancedsl.com.ar
AMD4400 - ASUS48N-E
More information about the ffmpeg-devel