[FFmpeg-devel] pkgconfig Cflag includedir: a suggestion

Luca Barbato lu_zero
Sun May 4 15:02:52 CEST 2008

sean darcy wrote:
> For some while ffmpeg has been installing its include files in
> /incdir/libname/, for instance /usr/include/libavcodec/avcodec.h.
>
> But the pkgconfig .pc files point to just /incdir, /usr/include.

this is on purpose in order to have non ambiguous includes within
ffmpeg. We even bumped the major version in order to mark the change
properly.

> I suggest that we change both Cflags ( BTW, why does configure create
> _uninstalled_ .pc files?) to:
>
> Cflags: -I\${includedir}/$name
>
> which enables me to build kino.

That is again what had been decided, please cope with this change since
even if it apparently causes you to do pointless work.

lu

--

Luca Barbato
Gentoo Council Member