[FFmpeg-devel] pkgconfig Cflag includedir: a suggestion

Luca Barbato lu_zero
Sun May 4 15:02:52 CEST 2008

sean darcy wrote:
> For some while ffmpeg has been installing its include files in
> /incdir/libname/, for instance /usr/include/libavcodec/avcodec.h.
> But the pkgconfig .pc files point to just /incdir, /usr/include.

this is on purpose in order to have non ambiguous includes within
ffmpeg. We even bumped the major version in order to mark the change

> I suggest that we change both Cflags ( BTW, why does configure create
> _uninstalled_ .pc files?) to:
> Cflags: -I\${includedir}/$name
> which enables me to build kino.

That is again what had been decided, please cope with this change since
even if it apparently causes you to do pointless work.

Luca Barbato
Gentoo Council Member
Gentoo/linux Gentoo/PPC