[FFmpeg-devel] aac_ac3_parser.c bug with splitted headers + patch

Stefano Sabatini stefano.sabatini-lala
Sun May 11 19:18:08 CEST 2008

On date Sunday 2008-05-11 20:00:02 +0200, Nir Drang encoded:
> Hi ,
> This is my first post so If I have violated any rules regarding posting
> messages please let me know.
> I have created a ts file with aac audio and h.264 using a trranscoding phase
> from mpeg2+ac3 using ffmpeg .
> Now when I try to convert the output to mp4 I noticed that the audio frame
> rate is wrong and other strange stuff happening.
> I debugged it and discovered that when the aac header (7 bytes) was residing
> cross ts packets there is a bug.
> In my scenario 6 header bytes were in one ts packet and 1 header byte was in
> the second packet.
> It looked like the code doesn't handle this situation quite well.
> I have patched it and requesting your comments to my patch , I might have
> broke something else :

Please use svn diff FILES > PATCH
and post the patch as an attachment to your mail.

Also read this if you didn't already do it:

Best regards.
FFmpeg = Foolish Fantastic MultiPurpose Erotic Gadget

More information about the ffmpeg-devel mailing list