[FFmpeg-devel] FFMPEG contact info request for Microsoft logo certification document

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Thu May 15 00:41:48 CEST 2008

On Wed, May 14, 2008 at 12:30:39PM -0700, Eduardo Urrutia wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I work for the engineering dept. of Pinnacle Systems, a division of Avid
> Technology.
>

> Currently I'm in the process of trying to get the Certified for Vista
> logo from Microsoft for one of our popular video editing software apps.
> M$ has a test case requirement that application installed executables
> and files be signed.
>

> Included in our application we redistribute FFMPEG.exe, which does not
> contain a digital certificate. Anyway to make a long story short in
> order to obtain a waiver to pass the certification tests Microsoft has
> requested we provide to them the "File Author" and the "Author Contact
> email address" for ffmpeg.exe.

If this file is compiled from an unmodified and recent svn checkout then
File author: "The FFmpeg developers"
Author Contact email address: "ffmpeg-devel at mplayerhq.hu"
seem ok

Complexity theory is the science of finding the exact solution to an
approximation. Benchmarking OTOH is finding an approximation of the exact