[FFmpeg-devel] build problems on OpenBSD

Diego Biurrun diego
Wed May 28 10:19:29 CEST 2008

On Wed, May 28, 2008 at 04:33:27AM +0000, Jacob Meuser wrote:

> I'm having some problems building recent ffmpeg svn versions.  in fact,
> I can't even get started :(

This is the wrong mailing list for these kinds of problems, unless you
have a patch to propose.

> acer:~/tmp/ffmpeg-svn-20080527% gmake
> gmake: *** virtual memory exhausted.  Stop.
>
> the problems with nm and od I can work around (I think I did the right
> thing, anyway), but even after I get that taken care of, I can't get
> past the 'gmake: *** virtual memory exhausted' problem.  I really don't
> think this is the result of a broken gmake, as it works for everything
> else I've tried.  it's also the "official" OpenBSD gmake package and
> there are no open bug reports against it.

Your bug report is far too light on details to be useful.  FFmpeg needs
GNU Make 3.81 to function properly.  You might have an older version.
Looking at the package list for OpenBSD 4.3 this does indeed seem to be
the case.

Diego