[FFmpeg-devel] Invalid and inefficient vfw-avi packed B frames detected

Vladimir Mosgalin mosgalin
Mon Nov 3 02:27:43 CET 2008

Hi Reimar D?ffinger!

 On 2008.11.02 at 19:41:10 +0100, Reimar D?ffinger wrote next:

> > I think it would be nice to do one of the following:
> > 1) Suppress this for avis (but I guess the codec knows nothing about
> > the container, so this might be a bit difficult :))
> > 2) Demote it to 'DEBUG' level so it's not that annoying.
>
> Since those files (again AFAIK) do not play right that is a bad idea.

Eh? I've got tons of files which display this message in recent version
of mplayer. Not tens, but hundreds; in fact, I think that most older avi
files display this message. Of course they play back without any
noticeable issues, and never had any before that message started
appearing. At some point I became very annoyed and hacked source to
disable this message.

+1 for making it DEBUG message..

--

Vladimir