[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] Proposal regarding cleaning up our samples collection

Attila Kinali attila
Thu Nov 6 20:11:43 CET 2008

On Thu, 6 Nov 2008 14:19:57 +0100
Ivo <ivop at euronet.nl> wrote:

> > [ ("ff_"|"mp_") "issue" "%06d" "+" ]
> > container "+"
> > [ "vc_" vcodec [ "-" vcodec ]* "+" ]
> > [ "ac_" acodec [ "-" acodec ]* "+" ]
> > [ "sub_" subtitles [ "-" subtitles ]* "+" ]
> > text.ext
> >
> > This way you could easily detect, whether a file contains
> > audio, video, sub or any combination there of.
>
> I do not really see the advantage of your proposal. I can just as easily
> test whether a field is empty or not and I need to extract the contents
> anyway during the creation of the symbolic links.

Easier to parse what a video and what a audio codec is,
without having a complete list of both. (Both human
and non human readers might benefit from this :-?

			Attila Kinali

--
The true CS students do not need to know how to program.
They learn how to abstract the process of programming to