[FFmpeg-devel] Cross-compilation for ARMv6 assembly function error

Gilles Curchod mailing
Wed Nov 12 11:26:06 CET 2008

Hi,

I'm cross-compiling gst-ffmpeg for an ARM11jf-s architecture board.
This won't pas unless I use the --disable-armvfp option.

In fact, I got the following errors:

    libavcodec/armv4l/dsputil_vfp.S: Assembler messages:
    libavcodec/armv4l/dsputil_vfp.S:45: Error: bad instruction `vpush
{d8-d15}'
    libavcodec/armv4l/dsputil_vfp.S:78: Error: bad instruction `vpop
{d8-d15}'
    libavcodec/armv4l/dsputil_vfp.S:89: Error: bad instruction `vpush
{d8-d15}'
    libavcodec/armv4l/dsputil_vfp.S:131: Error: bad instruction `vpop
{d8-d15}'
    libavcodec/armv4l/dsputil_vfp.S:145: Error: bad instruction `vpush
{d8-d11}'
    libavcodec/armv4l/dsputil_vfp.S:185: Error: bad instruction `vpop
{d8-d11}'

I couldn't find any other useful information than this:

    VPOP Registers is equivalent to VLDM sp!, Registers.
    VPUSH Registers is equivalent to VSTMDB sp!, Registers.

I tried to replace those instructions, but it doesn't change the problem.

I use arm-none-linux-gnueabi toolchain from the Phytec ftp server.
I put the -mfpu=vfp -mfloat-abi=softfp compilation options.

Is my problem coming form the toolchain?

Thanks for your help.

Gilles