[FFmpeg-devel] usage of Requires.private in *.pc files

Uoti Urpala uoti.urpala
Wed Nov 12 12:54:30 CET 2008

On Wed, 2008-11-12 at 11:41 +0000, M?ns Rullg?rd wrote:
> Reinhard Tartler wrote:
> > M?ns Rullg?rd <mans at mansr.com> writes:
> >
> >> It was added by this commit:
> >> http://git.ffmpeg.org/?p=ffmpeg;a=commitdiff;h=ade08d49717a3c930f8394a55b8279837c21fb89
> >>
> >> The submitter of that patch was quite adamant this was the One True Way,
> >> quoting the very same bit of scripture as you to prove it.  Discussion
> >> here: http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.video.ffmpeg.devel/67866
> >
> > Both the commit and the discussion you quote do not touch to topic of
> > using the field Requires, nor Requires.private.
>
> You mentioned Libs.private, and you quoted the same bit of "documentation",
> so I assumed, apparently incorrectly, that it had some relevance.

As I already explained in another mail you misunderstood what Reinhard
said about Libs.private.

>   I should
> know better than trying to apply logic to matters concerning pkg-config.

I think you should try to apply something else than your irrational and
misguided hatred towards pkg-config.