[FFmpeg-devel] [FFmpeg-user] configure can't find existing x264 installationon Debian

Baptiste Coudurier baptiste.coudurier
Fri Nov 14 04:41:47 CET 2008

Hi Roman,

Roman Shaposhnik wrote:
> On Nov 13, 2008, at 6:03 PM, Stephen Dewey wrote:
>> Actually, just running svn update and recompiling seemed to take
>> care of
>> this issue for me. The problem seems to already be fixed in SVN,
>> although
>> perhaps only coincidentally.
>> All problems solved! Thanks everybody!!
>
> Excellent!
>
> I do, however, have to question related to this issues:
>     1. shouldn't we finally make -cvslog list readonly so
>      that any comments get posted to -devel ? While
>      hunting down the commit that fixed the problem
>      I realized that Uoti has commented on the original
>      commit over at -cvslog. Of course, I overlooked his
>      email, since I don't actively track -cvslog.

I find easier to answer to the related commit.

>      2. Why don't we have any regression tests for H.264?
>      If it is a simple matter of adding some -- I can try to
>      take care of that tomorrow.

Basically because we have no encoder, however we could put samples in
the test suite, it's in TODO AFAIK.

checking for life_signs in -lkenny... no