[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC]Nvidia VDPAU patches

Alex Converse alex.converse
Thu Nov 20 22:35:46 CET 2008

On Wed, Nov 19, 2008 at 3:16 PM, Reimar D?ffinger
<Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de> wrote:
> Hello,
> On Wed, Nov 19, 2008 at 02:13:34PM -0500, Alex Converse wrote:
>> I don't really know what to do with my mplayer patch (need for
>> actually testing), as there doesn't appear to be any official mplayer
>> git.
>
> Why do you need an official one? You can use git-svn to create one, or
> use mine (though not it is updated only infrequently):
> http://natsuki.mplayerhq.hu/~reimar/MPlayer.git/

I don't *need* an official one. It just would make life a lot easier.
Git-svn is much much slower at pulling down history than regular git.
Svn can't be mirrored by repo.or.cz. My workflow for FFmpeg is to
register forks from mirrors at repo.or.cz and push there. It works
fine for FFmpeg because FFmpeg/libswcale has a git mirror. With
MPlayer there are several infrequently updated git repositories, some
patched some vanilla. It just seems like since there already is a
git.mplayerhq.hu that tracks svn for FFmpeg/libswscale, adding MPlayer
there wouldn't be too much trouble.

> Note that you probably will not have fun for long, since the X11 vos
> have been and will be further reworked to reduce code duplication, so
> heavy merging efforts will be needed...

I'm merged up to yesterday's HEAD.

--Alex