[FFmpeg-devel] Bug report : build problem with "configure --disable-encoders"

David Geldreich david.geldreich
Mon Nov 24 15:08:06 CET 2008

Hello Michael and Diego,

Le 24 nov. 08 ? 11:08, Michael Niedermayer a ?crit :

> On Mon, Nov 24, 2008 at 09:56:21AM +0100, Diego Biurrun wrote:
>> On Sat, Nov 22, 2008 at 03:25:47PM +0100, David Geldreich wrote:
>>> [...]
>>>
>>> The table is used in the mpegvideo encoder and the eatgq decoder.
>>> For
>>> --disable-encoders or --disable-decoders to work, this table should
>>> not be in a coder or decoder file.
>>>
>>> As it was originally in the mpegvideo_enc.c file I thought that it
>>> make sense to move it to mpegvideo.c, if it is a bad idea what would
>>> you propose to make --disable-encoders or --disable-decoders to
>>> work ?
>>
>> Michael, which file do you want?
>
> aandcttab.c/h

Attached a patch using aandcttab.c/h to solve this --disable-
encoders/--disable-decoders issue.

As I am new to ffmpeg, I have some naming/comment/doc issue :

1) I copied the copyright from another file but do not know exactly
what to put in it
2) I do not exactly know what these aanscales table are for, so it is
hard to put a "correct" doxygen comment for the file content
3) tables are named : ff_inv_aanscales and aanscales; perhaps
aanscales should be renamed to ff_aanscales or ff_aan_scales to be
coherent with, for example, aactab.h (I have not found the ffmpeg
coding conventions ?)

Let me know and I will update this patch with the right : copyright,
doxygen comment, variable names

Thanks.

David