[FFmpeg-devel] conflicting licence notices around swscale, which is correct ?

Diego Biurrun diego
Mon Nov 24 17:29:26 CET 2008

On Mon, Nov 24, 2008 at 04:13:30PM +0000, Chris Stones wrote:

> The configure script has the option
>      echo " --enable-swscale enable GPLed software scaler support [no]"
> Implying that swscale is GPL'ed.

Correct.

> However the source files in swscale/ all contain Lesser GPL notices.

False.

I must wonder how you can claim to care about such issues and then fail
at reading the headers of a dozen source files.

> I have been delibratly using the deprecated img_convert API for a while now,
> Adding the function back into the headers on the most recent CVS builds,
> however i have hit a brick wall.

We stopped using CVS years ago.

Diego