[FFmpeg-devel] Files crashing FFmpeg

Mike Melanson mike
Thu Nov 27 06:54:29 CET 2008

Benjamin Larsson wrote:
> This list http://tranquillity.ath.cx/ffmpeg_crashfiles.txt contains
> links to files that crashes a FFmpeg version from 2007. Can anyone come
> up with a good tool so we can run through and check all these files ?
>
> This list was donated by Picsearch.

Do we have the project budget to send them a nice fruit basket for the
holidays? This is some good stuff. It would be nice if some other
organizations that automatically process millions of diverse files with
FFmpeg could throw some problem files our way.

I have the first 200 or so samples. Will be downloading for a long time.
Far and away, the biggest problem is segfaults and FPEs in .rm files. As
for the FPEs, it seems that at line 586 of libavformat/rmdec.c:

for (x = 0; x < w/sps; x++)

sps can, indeed, turn up 0.

--
     -Mike Melanson