[FFmpeg-devel] Compiling with Sun cc

Diego 'Flameeyes' Pettenò flameeyes
Thu Oct 2 11:09:09 CEST 2008

Carl Eugen Hoyos <cehoyos at ag.or.at> writes:

> I removed -fasm -fomit-frame-pointer -fno-math-errno -fno-signed-zeros
> (They all produce warnings, no errors)
> I removed -std=c99 (the compiler interprets this as -s -d=c99 or
> similar)

I have a patch to solve this issue properly without removing this...

> And my favorite warnings (all over the compilation):
> "libavcodec/bitstream.h", line 60: warning: impossible constraint for "%1"
> asm operand
> "libavcodec/bitstream.h", line 67: warning: impossible constraint for "%1"
> asm operand

This is due to "ic" constrain; suncc expects that something you pass
through the CX register not to be an immediate; as far as I can see,
neither suncc nor gcc seems to make any difference for this, but icc can
optimise further if the variable passed through that is a known constant
at build time.

> "libavcodec/mpegvideo_enc.c", line 3288: warning: can not set non-default
> alignment for automatic variable

This basically means it does not support alignment for stack variable,
which is probably a very bad thing, this is actually where I stopped and
waited before continuing...

--
Diego "Flameeyes" Petten?
http://blog.flameeyes.eu/