[FFmpeg-devel] UDP multicasts mixed up on receive due to wrong bind()

Laurent laurent.aml
Thu Oct 16 00:16:27 CEST 2008

Hi,

On 10/15/08, Luca Abeni <lucabe72 at email.it> wrote:

> Ok, thanks for the information. So, I guess the real question now is:
> what happens on windows (or on other non-linux systems) if I perform
> a bind on a multicast address (instead of INADDR_ANY)?
> Does this break multicast support? Or is it just useless (but does
> not break anything)?
> In the first case, the patch cannot be applied. In the second case,
> the patch fixes an important usage case in linux and does not affect
> windows, so maybe it can be applied.

Under Windows (at least XP), this breaks the multicast support (bind fails).

I guess your can make this patch system-dependant (mainly because of
Windows, from what I've seen in other sources).

Thanks,

Laurent