[FFmpeg-devel] How to extend MaxClients limit?

Алексей Ефимов aefimov-box
Tue Sep 2 13:17:18 CEST 2008

Hello,

We need to broadcast flv streams over 10000 clients. Now ffserver disallow MaxClients settings over 2000 limit. Can i'm make some trick to extends this?

We have several outdoor web cameras, and we need to convert stream from camera to flv. Now ffserver works so good on 64k bitrate, but we have limit for clients connections - we can't run more that 2000 clients. The one of solutions - is load balancing over 6-8 instances of ffserverunder lighttpd server.But we have a lot of cameras and it is terible to configure load balancing to each of them.

Thanks!
--
Alexey Efimov