[FFmpeg-devel] WMA regression still broken / decouple regression rules

Robert Swain robert.swain
Tue Sep 2 13:22:39 CEST 2008

2008/9/2 Michael Niedermayer <michaelni at gmx.at>:
> On Mon, Sep 01, 2008 at 10:11:14PM -0700, Mike Melanson wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> For most of the x86_32 FATE configurations, (all except icc and gcc
>> 2.95.3), the FFmpeg regressions are breaking on the WMA test. It was
>> last working on 14980:
>>
>>   http://svn.mplayerhq.hu/ffmpeg?view=rev&revision=14980
>>
>> And it was either 14981 (voroshil) or 14982 (aurel) that broke it:
>>
>>   http://svn.mplayerhq.hu/ffmpeg?view=rev&revision=14981
>>   http://svn.mplayerhq.hu/ffmpeg?view=rev&revision=14982
>>
>> This seems to invert the breakage (previously, icc and gcc 2.95.3 were
>> broken on WMA, and I think the x86_64 configs were, as well).
>
> When where ALL the regression tests last working on ALL configurations (not
> counting buggy compilers)?

I think they stopped all working when I switched the window init code
in wma.c to use ff_sine_window_init(). This worked fine on most x86_32
but not on ICC or GCC 2.95.3. And I think it was broken (regressions
failed for some wma test) on x86_64 as well. The diff to the
regressions that was applied to fix this seems to have inverted the
situation.

Rob