[FFmpeg-devel] WMA regression still broken / decouple regression rules

Benjamin Larsson banan
Tue Sep 2 14:10:03 CEST 2008

Robert Swain wrote:
> 2008/9/2 Robert Swain <robert.swain at gmail.com>:

>>> When where ALL the regression tests last working on ALL configurations (not
>>> counting buggy compilers)?
>>>
>> I think they stopped all working when I switched the window init code
>> in wma.c to use ff_sine_window_init(). This worked fine on most x86_32
>> but not on ICC or GCC 2.95.3. And I think it was broken (regressions
>> failed for some wma test) on x86_64 as well. The diff to the
>> regressions that was applied to fix this seems to have inverted the
>> situation.
>>

> Oh sorry, it wasn't a diff to the regressions, it was the addition of
> the intermediate variable 'alpha'.
>
> Rob

Regressions test on float code shouldn't use a md5sum it is bound to be
different depending on platform. Instead of trying to patch up a test
that worked by luck in one configuration we should work out a generic
way to test float codecs.

MvH
Benjamin Larsson