[FFmpeg-devel] DVCPRO HD: request for review

Roman Shaposhnik rvs
Tue Sep 2 20:09:49 CEST 2008

On Sun, 2008-08-31 at 23:16 +0300, Uoti Urpala wrote:
> On Sun, 2008-08-31 at 21:33 +0200, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> > On Sun, Aug 31, 2008 at 06:35:34PM +0100, M?ns Rullg?rd wrote:
> > > We can easily change the commit emails to use diff -w, if that's what
> > > people want.
> >
> > That way someone could (unintentionally) randomize indention and move us
> > a step closer to mplayer.c style without anyone noticing
>
> You could include another patch changing the indentation in the same
> mail, or versions of the patch with and without -w (in case they differ
> on >= N lines). I think the former would be strictly better than having
> commits creating incorrect indentation and then mostly pointless "fix
> indentation after previous commit" mails on the list and as separate
> commits in VCS history.

It is nice to see that I'm not alone in considering this particular
policy to be suboptimal. Although, now that I'm using Git, it doesn't
bug me all that much that I have to split "code transactions", yet
it still leads to polluted history if you ask me.

Thanks,
Roman.