[FFmpeg-devel] DVCPRO HD: request for review

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Wed Sep 3 00:41:20 CEST 2008

On Wed, Sep 03, 2008 at 12:59:44AM +0300, Uoti Urpala wrote:
> On Tue, 2008-09-02 at 22:42 +0100, M?ns Rullg?rd wrote:
> > Michael Niedermayer <michaelni at gmx.at> writes:
> > > moving code around, renaming variables, ... all still would have to be split
> > > by hand.
> > > in that light its also not clear to me if this automatic spliting is worth it
> > > but i surely do not object if (and only if) it does work in practice.
> >
> > You seem to have missed my point.  I don't really like the splitting
> > at all, whether manual or automatic.  IMO it only serves to clutter
> > the revision history.  Now I know you disagree, and it doesn't bother
>
> I think Michael meant that splitting them in the commit mails only would
> be enough for him, leaving the splits out of revision history.

yes, as long as the same spliting can be easily achived also with the
command line tools, that is (svn di -x -w)

In a rich man's house there is no place to spit but his face.
-- Diogenes of Sinope