[FFmpeg-devel] Droping old scaler

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Fri Sep 5 01:21:02 CEST 2008

Hi

I will remove the old scaler as soon as the regression tests pass with
swscale. We have had 2 scalers for long enough and it caused enough problems
with noone working on fixing anything. Keeping 2 scalers causes time to be
wasted on maintaining both ...

If the GPL parts bother you then now is your last chance to do something
about it, i will not delay the old scaler removal due that nor due to minor
regressions. If a minor regression bothers you, send a patch.

Asymptotically faster algorithms should always be preferred if you have
asymptotical amounts of data