[FFmpeg-devel] Realmedia patch

Ronald S. Bultje rsbultje
Fri Sep 5 15:44:30 CEST 2008

Hi,

On Wed, Sep 3, 2008 at 9:01 AM, Ronald S. Bultje <rsbultje at gmail.com> wrote:
> Anyway, seems you really want this, attached is a patch to generalize
> the code around rtp_parse_open() (#1), so that I can make rtp_ctx
> opaque as you requested (#2, #3).

This is not a good idea in this way, I'm now noticing. We're using the
RTSP server reply to set it up, but deciding on the implementation
based on the payload in the SDP. This is exploitable by adding a
RM-style payload in the SDP in an otherwise non-RM server or the other
way around. I'm affraid I need to think about how to do this correctly
also, but we need a single point where this is decided. Right now, the
APIs between RTP and RDT need to be completely compatible (i.e. it
needs to act as a vfunc with implementation-compatible arguments,
opaque (API-compatible) isn't good enough).

Alternatively, I can remove my current subscription patch, which adds
RDT to RTPDynamicPayloadHandlers, and use the same style to create a
RDTDynamicPayloadHandlers list (which is the same API, just a
different list). That way, this wouldn't be an issue since RDT can
only handle RDT-style payloads and the other way around. Luca, would
this be OK? (It means I'll have to re-submit my
rtsp-subscription.patch.)

Ronald