[FFmpeg-devel] [VOTE] License header consistency

Diego Biurrun diego
Sat Sep 6 20:56:37 CEST 2008

On Tue, Aug 19, 2008 at 12:39:22PM +0200, Diego Biurrun wrote:

> And trust me, when you end up looking at every single file of a project
> to review the licensing situation (like I have done for FFmpeg and
> MPlayer), consistently formatted license boilerplates save you a lot
> of time.

Consistent license boilerplates have another advantage: They are very
suitable for scripted checking.  I just ran 'licensecheck' from Debian
over FFmpeg and MPlayer and discovered that libavcodec/qtrleenc.c is
LGPL 2.1 without "or later" clause.  Yes, I already contacted the
authors for relicensing.

Diego