[FFmpeg-devel] RFC qt-faststart Implemented in Python

Daniel Taylor dan
Sun Sep 7 17:30:52 CEST 2008

On 4 Sep, 2008, at 11:37, Mike Melanson wrote:
> Daniel G. Taylor wrote:
>> I also thought about trying to use e.g. psyco to speed things up
>> but it
>> incurs quite a startup time penalty and isn't included with Python
>> so I
>> decided against it for maximum compatibility.
>
> I like it. I don't have a problem with distributing it with FFmpeg. It
> might even help in cases where people refuse to compiler to C version
> correctly.

That's good.

So it seems it has been several days and I have one yes and no
complaints. Anybody willing to commit this to svn? Is there anything
else I need to do?

One small note: the file should probably be named qtfaststart.py (no
minus sign) so that it can be used as a Python module in other
projects. It seems you can't import files with a minus sign in the name.

Thanks,
--
Daniel G. Taylor
http://programmer-art.org