[FFmpeg-devel] Realmedia patch

Ronald S. Bultje rsbultje
Tue Sep 9 14:20:50 CEST 2008

Hi,

On Tue, Sep 9, 2008 at 6:31 AM, Derk-Jan Hartman <hartman at videolan.org> wrote:
> This has also been my experience. I'm not sure if ffmpeg supports the
> X-QT RTP format, but that could be supported, implementations of this
> exist around the web. (live555 has it for sure).

It doesn't, but I'm working on that.

> I have been unable to
> find any hints on X-SorensonVideo and X-QDM packetization.

GStreamer has a X-SorensenVideo parser which is heavily flawed, but
supports 1 or 2 streams over UDP (or so it says). I didn't test it.

> Yes, but if you have to check for all 5 or so types of protocols, that
> could become a bit messy of course.
>
> RTSP RAW/RAW/UDP (+ different Settop box implementations..... )
> RTSP AVP/UDP
> RTSP AVP/TCP
> RTSP RTP/HTTP/TCP
> RTSP RDT
> RTSP windows media server (has it's own nice exceptions :D )

I can implement it as the above enum if that's what people want (that
impression is very clear :-) ). But (see my email 5 minutes ago) you
can't do this during SETUP, it's purely payload/SDP dependent. Also,
my impression from docs / posts around the net is that RDT over UDP
does exist (I just can't find any servers that support it :-) ), and
it compares to RTP/UDP in the same way as RTP/TCP vs. RDT/TCP, which
is why I initially tried to do it differently. Anyway, I can just
change SETUP to do "case RDT_TCP: case RTP_TCP: case RTP_(QT_)HTTP: //
do TCP setup" etc., but then the logic of SETUP being the time where
the RTSPProtocol is chosen falls away, it just decides the transport,
and based on the transport + other server info (server type, payload,
etc.) we choose the RTSPProtocol.

Ronald