[FFmpeg-devel] Realmedia patch

Ronald S. Bultje rsbultje
Tue Sep 9 17:18:48 CEST 2008

HI Luca,

On Tue, Sep 9, 2008 at 11:06 AM, Luca Abeni <lucabe72 at email.it> wrote:
> BTW, "someone" sent me this link:
> http://docs.real.com/docs/proxykit/rtspd.pdf
>
> It's a document from real.com, it should be reliable...
> I only had a quick look at it, but it seems to confirm that
> x-pn-tng is RDT, not RTP (see page 6). Are you sure
> that in youy last example the server was sending you RTP
> packets, and not RDT (just double-checking)?
> If yes, a real server is not even compliant with documents
> from real.com...

Very positive. Byte[4] (i.e. byte 5), after $, stream-nr and size of
the TCP stream is 0x80 for RTP (version 1 << 6, no padding). For Real,
it is the stream number (0x40 - 0x42) or a marker of a status packet
or so, followed (after 9 bytes) by 0x40-0x42. Here, the byte is 0x80,
a standard RTP version byte, an there's no 0x40-0x42 after 9 bytes. So
the stream is definitely RTP.

Ronald