[FFmpeg-devel] Droping old scaler

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Wed Sep 10 20:18:57 CEST 2008

On Wed, Sep 10, 2008 at 04:24:48PM +0200, Diego Biurrun wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 08, 2008 at 04:26:22PM +0200, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> >
> > now the only thing left are the regression tests then the old scaler is
> > history.
>
> What's the status of this?

When switching from the old scaler to the new several tests of the regression
tests change their PSNR, some improve hugely over the old scaler but a few
have worse values. Iam trying to understand and where possible fix the ones
that worsen.

I know you won't believe me, but the highest form of Human Excellence is
to question oneself and others. -- Socrates