[FFmpeg-devel] Brainfart cropping

Jason Garrett-Glaser darkshikari
Wed Sep 10 20:45:27 CEST 2008

For a while, I've dealt with tons of people complaining about the
message "brainfart cropping not supported."  I figured this implied
that the crop was >= the normal crop amount (>= one MB in size,
16x16), but the code itself puts the threshold at >=8.  This makes no
sense, since this means that the vast majority of encoding resolutions
will result in such a message being printed by ffmpeg!

if(sps->crop_right >= 8 || sps->crop_bottom >= (8>>
!h->sps.frame_mbs_only_flag)){
            av_log(h->s.avctx, AV_LOG_ERROR, "brainfart cropping not
supported, this could look slightly wrong ...\n");
        }

Are we sure that this is right?

Dark Shikari