[FFmpeg-devel] Load balancing problem with ffh264 deblock filter
Thu Sep 11 13:14:36 CEST 2008
2008/9/11 Stefan Ellenberger <stefan_ell at hotmail.com>:
> I do not understand why deblocking does not use several threads although the parameters I used do request it:
> "mplayer -cache 16000 -vfm ffmpeg -vc ffh264 -lavdopts threads=2 -framedrop -ao oss -vo xv hdsuisse_testrec.ts"
> I increased threads to 3 and 4 resulting in the same deadlock situation: one core at max, the second stays at 30%. The only way I found to get around this is to skip deblocking by using skiploopfilter=all and option "fast". Cpu load on both cores now varies at 70% leaving 30% to the max.
Firstly, this is the wrong mailing list. If you wish to submit a patch
to improve the situation, great. If not then you should send items
like this to the user mailing list.
Secondly, ffh264 is not yet multi-threaded. There is work ongoing to
More information about the ffmpeg-devel