[FFmpeg-devel] I Make VC-1 encoder source code available

Mike Melanson mike
Sat Sep 13 07:16:00 CEST 2008

Malik Ciss? wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I developed a software model of a VC-1 encoder in ansi-C for my company (for a hardware development).
> We would like to  make the encoder sources available to public domain.
>
> Following features are currently implemented:
> Advanced profile up to level 4 (2048x2048)
> supports of I and P pictures
> full search motion estimation
> support of all VLC tables
> yuv422 planar input
>
> Before we release the code, we want to be sure there is enouth interest .
> Is somebody interested in the VC-1 compression sources?

I'm a bit behind on emails. I just thought it was amazing that this
email came through on the same day that Microsoft announced that
Silverlight would support H.264. :)

But, hey, Silverlight will also still support VC-1, so the codec is not
dead yet.

--
     -Mike Melanson