[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] AAC encoder optimizations

Kostya kostya.shishkov
Sun Sep 14 09:17:56 CEST 2008

On Sat, Sep 13, 2008 at 10:47:26PM -0700, Mike Melanson wrote:
> Kostya wrote:
>
> > Since I can work on it mostly on spare time during work I would be grateful
> > if you suggest some tests for quality. Oh, and headphones are one of the
> > cheapest there.
>
> I know some audiophiles whose obsession with the perfect audio
> experience borders on "mental disorder". But they have good ears and
> better audio equipment. I wonder if it would be useful to enlist them to
> compare audio output?

Well, when I have encoding quality satisfiable for me at my home computer
it will be the moment when testing can start.
When encoder hits SVN we'll have plenty of testers too ;)
And AAC is not for audiophiles anyway.