[FFmpeg-devel] Status of WMA decoding

Jethro Walters turkeyman121
Tue Sep 16 16:02:29 CEST 2008

Howdy everybody.

What's the current status/activity of the Windows Media Audio decoder residing in libavcodec? As I understand it, it currently supports v7 & v8 without problems, and only WMA v9. AFAIK there's no "10 Pro" decoder as it's a completely different codec to V9, "Voice" for the same reason, and the same with Lossless. Who is the maintainer for the current decoders, if anybody? I'm not volunteering at the moment as my knowledge of C or C++ isn't great (but will improve once I get back to university), but I couldn't find anymore information around. I am half-willing to work on the Lossless decoder, because in theory it should be the simplest, yes? :-)

I keep a loose eye on ffdshow-tryouts, and that's where I spotted the limited WMA decoder libavcodec has. I'd like to get full (current) WMA support working by the time I finish the year at uni. :-)

Regards,

Jethro Walters
I reside in many places, most commonly Doom9. Inventive Software is the name, inventive software most certainly ain't the game!