[FFmpeg-devel] Review request - ra288.{c,h} ra144.{c,h}

Siarhei Siamashka siarhei.siamashka
Wed Sep 17 01:59:21 CEST 2008

On Tuesday 16 September 2008, Vitor Sessak wrote:
> Siarhei Siamashka wrote:
> > You can try experimenting with compression of a simple signal, something
> > like sine and check if you can see similarities in the input and output
> > files. And then change this signal to something more complicated until
> > the differences start getting more visible.
>
> I'm not sure that it is worth the trouble just to decide on using
> lrintf() or not...

As the difference between original file and decompressed file will be much
more noticeable than the difference between decoding with rounding to
nearest or rounding to zero, it exactly makes sense to do comparison using
an artificial sample with some simple signal just to minimize
original/decompressed files difference and improve signal/noise ratio.

If I understand it correctly, the goal is to find out what provides the best
theoretical quality (in other words - is closer to original file)?

--
Best regards,
Siarhei Siamashka