[FFmpeg-devel] native AMD UVD??

Benjamin Larsson banan
Fri Sep 19 14:47:09 CEST 2008

Hi.

Ulrich Lukas wrote:
> Hi Benjamin,
>

>> You are not making any sense.
>>

> Why so gruff? He just wants to know if anybody on this list has been
> given any specifications by AMD about their video acceleration hardware.

Thanks for explaining what he meant. I'm not a native speaker of English
and had no idea what UVD was.

> IMO it's absolutely desirable that developers share this kind of
> information (provided they aren't bound by NDAs).

Indeed.

> If I'm wrong and this is a closed community where new developers are not
> welcome, why don't you move to a private or read-only forum or list?
>

> Regards,
> Ulrich

And to answer the original poster. We have not received anything from
AMD. And I suspect that if they will release anything regarding this I
think Phoronix(the news website) will be all over it and cover it
extensively.

MvH
Benjamin Larsson