[FFmpeg-devel] New to the list

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Tue Sep 23 03:58:08 CEST 2008

On Mon, Sep 22, 2008 at 02:32:59PM -0700, Jason Garrett-Glaser wrote:
[...]
> 6.  All other non-H.264-specific algorithms around x264 that aren't
> used in lavc--I'm not sure that all these aren't but to list potential
> candidates:
> ---subme7's hexagonal subpel-RD motion search

we have rd8x8_c() in dsputil.c that can be used as a rd optimal
comparision function, for the full pel search and or the subpel refinement.
This is indepedant of the search variant used (EPZS, HEX, UMH, ...)
rd8x8_c() though might contain bugs (someone should test that it matches the
actual encoding) and also does not consider a few things like the cbp bits
IIRC

We dont have hex subpel code though ...

> ---bidirectional MV refinement for B-frames

bidir_refine() in motion_est.c

I count him braver who overcomes his desires than him who conquers his
enemies for the hardest victory is over self. -- Aristotle